just me!!

just me!!
PF Changs!! yummy!!

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Military Life...Military Wife??!!

ok...i have not blogged in awhile, but that comes with good reason. My husband joined the army and just shipped off for 20 weeks yesterday!! so...the last month was spent with him and the kids trying to squeeze in every little activity we could!! such activities included...going to the beach...enjoying and full day at Sea World...doing some mindless "shopping" (with Zippo dollars in the bank)...and we ate out occasionally (again with Zippo dollars in the bank!)...hah!

my goal is to blog daily while Jason is away. now as reality sets in...i'm gonna be happy with blogging 1 time a week! i mean, come on!...i'm a mom of 3 VERY active babies and i do a TON of cakes every week! anyways...i will try my best no matter what. This blog will be my best friend for 5 months! lol:) so either enjoy or...don't read! :)

so, like i have mentioned, my husband is off to basic training and then A.I.T school to be Military Police. now, let me just explain how "funny" God is. the only 2 people i said i would NEVER marry (when i was younger) was someone in the military and someone who is a cop! hmm...God has jokes, people...big funny jokes! How interesting and utterly ridiculous it is for us to sit here and think that "we" are controlling our lives! God, in His unique and sovereign way, is up in heaven...planning and orchestrating every single second of our lives! He allows so many different trials to come into our lives...He never causes them, but he does allow them for some reason. Most of the time, it's to bring us back to Him. i completely bow down before Him right now and give Him all the glory and honor. He is so powerful and loving, simultaneously! I am nothing without Him! Thank you Lord, for caring enough about me and my family to guide us and direct us even when we act "so human".

i'm not entirely positive that reality has set in yet. I'm a military wife...what the heck does that even mean?? i feel as though jay is only on a business trip and will return in a few days. (it's called denial...i know that). my kids are clueless to where "daddy" went...but when it does set in that daddy isn't coming back for awhile....i wonder how they will take it. i'm grateful for the opportunity God has given our family...and i'm looking forward to where he will lead us from here. i miss my husband...it's only gonna get harder as the weeks pass, but i know that this will all be worth it in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment